2020 has been quite the year, to say the least. We understand if you are not ready to travel yet, and we will be here ready to welcome you when you are. However, if you are ready to get out and explore, we want to help you find ways to do that in the safest way possible. Your health and safety is important to us, and we want you to be able to enjoy our great outdoors, attractions, restaurants, lodging, and everything else the Lake Martin area has to offer. The Alabama Tourism Department has put together information to help you Take It All In Responsibly. They have worked with local businesses and attractions around the state and asked them to take a pledge to make a commitment to keep YOU safe.
Some of the ones in our area that have signed the pledge are:
Adventure Center at Russell Crossroads
Their pledge to you:
- To train staff in proper cleaning and sanitization specific to our industry.
- To post extensive signage on health policies.
- To wear face coverings.
- To facilitate and enforce social distancing and capacity guidelines.
- To regularly sanitize public areas and frequently touched surfaces.
- To conduct wellness screenings of employees.
- To follow CDC guidelines and those of our industry for health safety policies in their establishment.
- To provide contactless reservations, payments, and communications whenever possible.
The Alabama Tourism Department is also asking you to make a pledge as well when visiting Sweet Home Alabama.
Your pledge to us:
- To plan ahead but be flexible and patient with staff and other patrons.
- To refrain from physical contact with staff and other patrons.
- To wear face coverings in public as required.
- To maintain a safe social distance from others in both indoor and outdoor spaces.
- To wash and sanitize hands frequently.
- To limit the size of travel parties or gatherings to the location-specific maximum.
- To stay home if you have a cough, fever, or other symptoms.
- To use a credit or debit card and contactless registration as much as possible.