COVID-19 Travel Information
Lake Martin Tourism Association wants you to have a safe and healthy experience when visiting our little piece of paradise. We encourage you to learn more about travel safety recommendations set forth by the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, and the Alabama Department of Health.
Tips to staying safe when travelling:
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently
- Avoid close contact with others outside of your household
- Wear face coverings when interacting with others
- Follow social distancing guidelines
- Stay at home if you have a cough, fever or other symptoms
- Use a credit or debit card when possible
Please be advised that Governor Kay Ivey extended the current health order through January 22. This health order includes the mandatory use of face masks.
- Masks can be factory-made, homemade, or improvised from household items such as scarves, bandanas, or t-shirts, and must cover the nose and mouth.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn when you are within six (6) feet of a person from another household in all indoor spaces open to the general public, a vehicle operated by a transportation service (including buses, taxis, Lyft and Uber), or outdoor public spaces where ten or more people are gathered.
- There are five categories of exceptions. The largest category, exceptions for “practical necessity,” covers people or situations where mask use is incompatible with the realities of life—for example, children six or younger, people with certain medical conditions or disabilities, eating and drinking, medical and dental procedures, and so on. There are also categories of exceptions for exercise, for communicating with an audience, and for certain essential job functions. An additional category carves out narrow exceptions for protected activities like voting and religious worship— but even then, wearing a mask is strongly encouraged. Full details on exceptions can be found in the order and FAQ.
- There can be a $500 fine for not wearing a mask.
- You can learn how to make your own face mask here
COVID-19 testing locations in the Lake Martin Area
2508 US Hwy 280, Alexander City, AL 35010 256-414-3013
- Russell Medical Urgent Care
Conveniently located on the Russell Medical campus.
3504 Hwy 280 Alexander City, AL 35010 256-397-7727
4452 US Hwy 231 Wetumpka, FL 36092 334-345-3905
1965 Cobbs Ford Road Prattville, AL 36066 334-309-8516
101 Kelley Blvd Millbrook, AL 36054 334-245-2600
1401 Hwy. 14 Millbrook, AL 36054 334-310-6059
If you develop any of these emergency warning signs for the disease, you should seek medical attention immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
Call 911 if you have a medical emergency. Notify the operator that you have or think you might have COVID-19. If possible, put on a mask or cloth face covering before medical help arrives.
For general COVID-19 questions, call 1-800-270-7268 or email email@example.com. Telephone calls are answered from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Interpreters are available. For frequently asked questions and to check your symptoms, visit the Alabama.gov COVID-19 Information Hub
Learn more about how you can Take It All In Responsibly when you travel in Alabama, and get information about our local businesses and attractions who have taken the pledge to follow CDC guidelines and keep you safe: